Steph is back with this super refreshing and detoxifying iced green tea recipe. Naturally anti-oxidant, immune boosting and full of flavour this thirst quenching drink is the perfect healthy alternative to sugary drinks!
2 apples cored and chopped
Thumb sized piece of ginger, sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
4 green tea bags
Approx 3 tsp honey
1. Put the apples, ginger and green tea bags into a pan and pour over approximately 1 litre of boiling water.
2. Add the honey and cinnamon and leave to simmer for around an hour. (you can do this quicker but an hour is the perfect time to allow the flavours to infuse!)
3. Pour into a big jar or bottle
Top Tip (to reduce waste, keep the cooked apple and eat as a snack with some yoghurt or over porridge!)
4. Once cool, pop into the fridge and leave overnight
5. Serve in a glass with lots of ice. Enjoy!
What are the benefits?
Green Tea is know for being a natural anti oxidant, good for skin health and can help with weight loss! Combining this with the anti inflammatory properties of ginger and cholesterol lowering apples, makes this delicious drink one you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging in!
Want more healthy recipe ideas? You can follow Steph on Instagram at
For more inspiration check out these other recipes. Perfect for the summer!