We’re back in our virtual Studio Kitchen to make this Vegan friendly Shepherd’s pie. A classic warming, comfort food perfect for when your feeling a little fed up..
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion – finely chopped
2 medium carrots
2 medium celery sticks – finely chopped
Half pack of mushrooms – finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
150ml bouillon stock
1 tin of green lentils – drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen peas
Cheese on top (if preferred)
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic and cumin, cook for 5 minutes or until soft
3. Add the carrots, celery and mushrooms. Cook for a further 5 minutes
4. Add the stock, lentils and chopped tomatoes.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes
6. Add the peas, and make your preferred mash potato. Add a little milk and butter to make it extra smooth. Top tip, add a little horseradish to the potato.
7. Transfer the ingredients into an oven dish, top with potatoes and cheese if desired and cook for 20 minutes or until the potato starts to turn golden brown.
Enjoy your Shepherd’s pie!
Looking for another mood boosting meal?