Back in The Studio Kitchen for more delicious goods? Try this all vegan Frittata recipe, perfect for those early evening dinners outside in the garden. Plus, a great way to use up anything you have in the fridge!
1/4 cup olive oil for liquid mix
2 tbsp olive oil for frying
3 cups of kale
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup celery
1 cup chopped mushrooms
3 garlic cloves or 1 tsp lazy garlic
1 tsp salt
2 cups chickpea flour
2 and a 1/2 cups of water
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and then add the carrots and celery, heat through on a medium heat for 2 minutes
3. Add the garlic, kale and mushrooms and heat for a further 5-6 minutes
4. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining oil, flour water and salt to create a liquid
5. Distribute the mixture around to the pan around the filling, allowing it to cook through evenly. Heat for 5 minutes or until the edges begin to firm
6. Transfer the pan into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. (Option to grill for a further 5 minutes to crisp up the top.)
7. Tip the frittata out of the pan and leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Get a little creative! You can swap in different filling ingredients such as; peppers, butternut squash, potato, spinach or sweetcorn. Its a great dish to use up anything you’ve got in the fridge!
Can be served hot or cold, with beans and sausages or a side salad are some of our favourite ways. Or try popping any leftovers into a wrap and saving it for your lunch the next day! You can keep the Frittata in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
What are your favourite summer dishes? Let us know in the comments below!
We’ve got the perfect refreshing drink to go with this. Perfect for a picnic day out!
Want to know what else we do?