Nutella Stuffed Banana Nut Muffins!30/06/2020
Steph’s back with another super simple recipe you can make at home! And have we got a treat for you! These Nutella Stuffed Banana Nut Muffins are too nice to be naughty! Just 7 steps to create these gooey, soft and delicious sweet treats. Perfect comfort food, pop the kettle on and have one with a cup of tea, an ideal afternoon snack!
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
135g wholemeal self-raising flour
1/2 cup coconut oil (approx 4 tbsp) melted
135g plain flour
Approx 75ml buttermilk (or milk with a little squeeze of lemon juice in)
135g sugar of choice
1 level tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
75g chopped hazelnuts
1. Add the mashed bananas, eggs and coconut oil to a bowl and mix well
2. Add the sugar and milk and mix to combine
3. Fold in the flours, baking soda and salt until combined. Then add the hazelnuts and fold in
4. Arrange your muffin cases into a muffin tin or onto a baking tray and spoon in 1 spoon of mixture to each – the cases should be half full
5. Take a spoonful of the Nutella and spoon it into each muffin case on top of the mixture already in there
6. Fill each muffin case with another spoon of cake mixture and make sure the Nutella is fully covered
7. Put in the oven on 180 degrees for 15minutes. Baking time varies so check that a skewer inserted comes out clean. But remember the Nutella is in the middle so don’t skewer too far in as you’ll just stick it into Nutella!
You can follow Steph on Instagram for more recipes to inspire a healthy balanced lifestyle!
What’s your favourite sweet treat? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more delicious recipe’s to make at home?